Albino Bristlenose Eggs!!

Blue Ram

I knew I shouldn't have added my female to the tank with the male in it. 4 weeks later - eggs!! The eggs are huge, yellow and glow - very cool. Unfortunately they are in my 75 gal community tank and my yoyo loaches are very interested in the eggs - not sure if once they hatch any will survive. But to be prepared in any event - what do I feed them?? Any ideas on keeping them relatively safe in a community tank?? How many days/hours until the eggs hatch? The female is not interested in the eggs at all - is this normal behaviour? The male is guarding and fanning the eggs as if his life depends on it!! Any advice most appreciated!

Congrats!! :thumbs:

The male cares for the eggs and fry - once they're free swimming, tho, they're on their own. I feed my BN fry NLS wafers & Grow, as well as shelled frozem peas & zuccini.

Eggs have now hatched. They are hanging from the driftwood - these are definitely the coolest eggs I have ever seen. The yolk sac is not absorbed yet and the male is still protecting them. I hope I can save at least some of them from the other fish!! If not this time, I will get a better breeding site for them - possibly a log where they can stay protected longer.

Congrat's! Seems a shame to have Albinos eaten. How about a tank divider until they get some size on them? They're not expensive and always good to have on hand anyway. Otherwise, any ol' container will do for a bit. I have several 4-10G tanks empty but you're a tad far away...lol...maybe someone else has one they could lend you?