best display tank in town...

johnsmith

Golds usually has the best display tank but these days they're sort of going the community tank route. The Deerfoot Meadows Petland, on the other hand, has finally put one of those big display tanks to good use. It has a nice big jag, two chunky GTs, a bunch of convicts and tinfoil barbs, some sort of gar and two big Oscars. And, I could be forgetting something.

McLeod Tr Petland has their tank full of male guppies and albino congo tetras - they're the best looking tetras I've ever seen. That tank a certain "striking" factor to it.

DM Petland is worth checking out if you're like me and don't have the tank space for those kind of cichlids.

I know most people keeping cichlids don't put anything else in with them. I also have

been told by alot of stores that I should never put anything but catfish into a cichlid

tank. That kind of talk bums alot of people out and actually discourages experimentation.

My first tank was a community- plecos, catfish, loaches, botia, barbs,gouramis, mollies

etc. Since then, I got a bit braver added festivums, electric yellows, rusties, and blue

rams. In pairs, they don't bother anyone and no one bothers them. Even if you are

a beginner, as long as you are careful and do a little research, its amazing the variety

of fish that can share a tank. Since none of my tanks are over 55 gal, the cichs I get

are generally no more than 6" max size. Alot of people want to just get a starter kit

and buy a variety of fish, but stores always tell them not to mix fish, especially cichs.

I'm glad I didn't listen. I always thought 'display' tanks should show different ways of

doing things, mixing fish-types-colors etc. I like cichs just fine, but I also like labyrinth

fish and others, and having mulitple tanks just for different types isn't practical for most

of us.

Its a nice display, just not my taste I guess

I dont' go to Franco often but they do have a lot of nice sized colourful fish in their display tanks.

The truth is, I'm pretty much impressed with any tank that's huge.

I forgot about that one at Pisces. Some of those fry are looking pretty big, relatively speaking. They already have attitute, chasing each other around a lot.

The last time I was there the female was getting pretty aggressive with the pacus so I wondered if they were going to go at it again.

I like the huge tank at Pisces with the breeding pair of Dovii and all the big cats, I cant believe the little dovii fry are still swimming around.

ooo, yeah, I totally forgot about that one...that tanks gotta be like 1000 gallons. I woulda thought the arrowana would of got the fry by now for sure too...

The RTC did end up getting one of the arowana though :lol:

I like the huge tank at Pisces with the breeding pair of Dovii and all the big cats, I cant believe the little dovii fry are still swimming around.

ooo, yeah, I totally forgot about that one...that tanks gotta be like 1000 gallons. I woulda thought the arrowana would of got the fry by now for sure too...

The RTC did end up getting one of the arowana though :lol:

Never seen this tank? :cry: Where is it in the store? I have been there alot and never seen it