Feeding time and gudgeon guarding

fatpuffer

I love the pics at the top. Those fish look beautiful. The only pretty fish in my tank are my rams....and my corys. Everything else except my red whiptail cat, my common pleco, synasontis, keyhole, and clown pleco I WANT THEM TO .......ahem....disappear. <thinks to self "die platy babies die!!!!">

I should get kim to special order me that too. And how big can a platy be, before is too big for your royal gamma? I have lots and lots of platys varrying in sizes. There are also some small mollies I wouldn't mind.....making disappear as well. Let me know and I can add that to your puffer food order.

GREAT NEWS:

About 15 fry survived from the first batch. This morning, I checked the second batch and the male was outside the tube and eggs were GONE! I removed the java moss in the breeders box and found most of the fry...I think there were at least 50-75 fry that I took out and some of them probably went through the slots at the bottom of the breeder box and got eaten. THe male is back with the colony.

Another good news...another male is guarding a clutch...these guys breed like rabbits. Now the trick is feeding the fry. I have been succesfully feeding them powdered NLS pellets, zoophytoplankton (normally used for reef...i thought i'd give it a shot), decapsulated brine shrimp eggs (i am not patient enough to hatch them).