Knight Goby Pics

This goby has been the most challenging fish for me to photograph. It is very twitchy and was at first very timid, even approaching the tank without spooking it was a challenge- it was more like sneaking up on trout in a stream than a fish in a tank! But I can't have a new fish in my tank and not photograph it, and this fish was a welcome challenge since I have pics of my other fish in every pose they can throw at me.

Here are the shots I got of this new little "challenge"...

Goby.jpg

Goby2.jpg

Goby3.jpg

Goby4.jpg

This guy is great! I reccomend them to anyone who can keep them,

Taylor

How can a fish work in both marine and freshwater what makes them different from other fish?
They come from river outlets near the ocean, and as the tide rises and falls the the salt water backs up the river. There are a number of fish that can handle this.

Then why is it a bad idea to keep brackish fish in freshwater?

Brackish fish need the salt all of the time. The waterways they come from has naturally occurring salt in the water.

Thanks for all the comments and compliments guys! Time will tell if these guys can really be kept in fully fresh, but I doubt that it would be written on the web in so many places, when they actually can't be.

This guy took a little while to find out that bloodworms were going to be all he would get, so he starved himself for the first two days and now he is a total pig! Still showing no agression, so I am glad I introduced him in the tank with the weather loaches since they are so much larger and more spastic than he is.

This is the best fish I've owned so far, so I hope he can be kept safely in fresh- I will update if I discover otherwise Jonah!

Try feeding him som human-grade shrimp as well. Mine goes crazy when I feed him shrimp. As for the web sites...can't really rely on those. Many sites also states the figure eight puffer can live in fw. In my experience, many brac fish can tolerate fw for some period of time but may be more prone to diseases if they stayed there for longer periods.

I do hope that it can stay in fw as they are fun fish to have. Keep us updated!

Js