is it hard to breed angel's?

mooseman1

:well: what should i know before starting to try and breed angel's i have 3 in my communty tank but would like to get more info on them

DOWN LOAD THE POD CAST,, EVERYTHING YOU WILL EVER NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BREEDING ANGELS..

I'VE BEEN LISTENING TO THIS WEEKLY RADIO SHOW FOR YEARS..

http://www.petfishtalk.com/interviews/bree...ding_angels.htm

I find that they are fairly simple to breed once tthey pair off. I've had several breeding pairs and found that if you let them pick their own partners they will produce every 2 weeks. The difficulty lies in raising the fry, and getting to the size of a dime. If you want to raise the fry it usually works best to syphon some off into a tank by themselves. Then you have to feed them something small enough to fit in their mouths 3 to 5 times a day without over feeding and polluting the water. I use Wardley's liquifry for the first week and then switch to nls grow run through a pepper mill until they are big enough to take the pellets. I keep my breeders in separate tanks with out tank mates. Also the fry seem to do better in a smaller tank for the first month. Water changes on your fry tank should come directly from the parent tank for the first 2 to 4 weeks to reduce the risk of shocking the fry.

Here is a link to my favorite pair.

http://albertaaquatica.com/index.php?showt...ll's+angels

Some people feed their fry egg yolk when they are too small for other foods. I have heard they breed fairly easy as long as you have a pair, it also depends on the type of tankmates you have as well.....some fish are quick and can quickly make the eggs a nice snack.

Breeding Angels for dummies by the fishclubgirl

1. get a bunch of young angels and let them grow

2. Have sword plant in tank(yes a community tank, this is a dummies book and that's me!!)

3.2 of them will decide that the sword plant is a most excellent place to hang out and drive all fish away

4. Look for eggs on the sword plant

5. Take out leaf with eggs and put in clean 10 gallon tank with fungicide and airstone bubbling on the leaf(use a plant weight to keep it down)

6. Wait for wigglers and after 2-3 days feed BBS

7. Keep the 10 gallon bottom clean

8. Sell angels to everyone you know!!

Told you it was a "dummies" thing!! and yes, I've bred angels.

2. Have sword plant in tank(yes a community tank, this is a dummies book and that's me!!)

3.2 of them will decide that the sword plant is a most excellent place to hang out and drive all fish away

5. Take out leaf with eggs and put in clean 10 gallon tank with fungicide and airstone bubbling on the leaf(use a plant weight to keep it down)

i followed this almost to a tee, and tonight i came home to lots of eggs on an Echinodorus rubin leaf. almost did not want to cut the leaf off but i did. this is there first spawn so hopefully all goes well. they looked very confused when i took out the leaf.

i followed this almost to a tee, and tonight i came home to lots of eggs on an Echinodorus rubin leaf. almost did not want to cut the leaf off but i did. this is there first spawn so hopefully all goes well. they looked very confused when i took out the leaf.

Was it no. 8 Sell angels to everyone you know that you didn't get right? I still have extra that I'm trying to unload and some of mine really seem to like the swordplant. My angels have been worse than guppies!!!

:well: what should i know before starting to try and breed angel's i have 3 in my communty tank but would like to get more info on them

DOWN LOAD THE POD CAST,, EVERYTHING YOU WILL EVER NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BREEDING ANGELS..

I'VE BEEN LISTENING TO THIS WEEKLY RADIO SHOW FOR YEARS..

http://www.petfishtalk.com/interviews/bree...ding_angels.htm

wow thank's for the info -ham- -ham-

:banned: it only work's in calgary???

Yes, because that's where the fishclubgirl lives and she's not a "technical" fishkeeper!! "They're all alive and there seems to be more of them" would be her motto.

well the spawn i had wasn't fertilized the all turned white. absolutely no fungus with the methylene blue. i noticed the other trio of angel fish acting aggressively so i checked it out and they just spawned for the first time, so i will take those eggs out and try again.

IMG_6101.jpg

This is interresting, found it on the monsterfishkeepers forum

Documentary part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBF4CfUCVpY

part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fs6lhBn6V0