Anyone have Hydra???

Oxquo

I want some hydra as part of a school experiment but need it alive, hydra often comes in on plants grown in the outdoors. I have a cool an easy solution that rids You of it forever which is the oldtimer solution of hooking up wires to a 9volt battery and placing each wire across the tank from one another. It takes about three days on a mid sized tank but larger tanks may need more batteries. Anyways I wanted to present the kids with something cool to do and hydra is pretty awesome looking. I use to get it alot from collecting pond plants but haven't seen any for awhile. If You have some, PM me. I will pay for shipping and if You need, send You a diagram on exactly how to rid Yourself of these pests.

Actually the ACE auction is coming up. Look for plants from Michelle the betta queen, that is where I last got mine from maybe You will get lucky. Problem is, I didn't want it back then... If You get lucky and get some, remember to save some for me. The stuff is pretty cool I must admit.

I've tried both, it seems when You want the stuff it is never found. Man I want some snails>>>>> okay maybe snails don't follow that same guide.

What kind of snails do you want? I have lots of MTS & pond snails - can send them w. the fish, if you want.

No nonono noooo, no more snails... I was just trying some reverse snailology. I have plenty. thanks for the offer though. Yet I do remember a time when I had clown loaches and puffers and couldn't find enough. A guy down the street is breeding apple snails, he has like 200-300 of them and even they just won't stop. They do come in handy in the killi fry tanks at times though. I wouldn't be upset with whiteworms slipping into that box though, lol. Actually I'd even pay ya for some if You are still growing them.

Edited by Oxquo

Actually the ACE auction is coming up. Look for plants from Michelle the betta queen, that is where I last got mine from maybe You will get lucky. Problem is, I didn't want it back then... If You get lucky and get some, remember to save some for me. The stuff is pretty cool I must admit.

What is Hydra?

There are many varieties most look like this, they are very small but can be seen by the human eye quite easily. their tentacles are known to stun small fry, after they do they feed off of them in hordes. Larger fish wont be hurt by them but they are somewhat of a nuisance parasite.

post-39-1161659548_thumb.jpg