New to the site...My 90 gal With 10" oscar

murmade

Hi I'm new to this site...This is My Oscar who is now 10"

I also have a 4" Green terror(female)

2 3.5" pictus cats

4" common pleco

Just recently I had to turn in my salvini(but here are a couple of pics anyway).

too much bioload :cry: ....my pleco will be leaving soon too :grr: for the same reason.

I just couldn't keep up with water changes.

Edited by murmade

thanks, I'm feeding them

Hikari cichlid gold pellets

Veggie sticks-sinking kind

Frozen freshwater multi pack(bloodworm , spirulina, etc..)

Spirulina sticks-floating kind

Cucumber

& zuchinni

But never never never feeder fish :mad:

My big boy is so spoiled

:lol: ha ha ha ...not by my own choice.

When I get home from work he is so excited to see me he jumps out of the water at me when I open the lids, & at 10" my finger will just fit into his mouth nicely. :boxed:

But he does come to visit my hand when I clean his tank.

He's a good fishie, he just doesn't like stangers! :grr:

lol

:lol: ha ha ha ...not by my own choice.

When I get home from work he is so excited to see me he jumps out of the water at me when I open the lids, & at 10" my finger will just fit into his mouth nicely. :boxed:

But he does come to visit my hand when I clean his tank.

He's a good fishie, he just doesn't like stangers! :grr:

lol

That's why I lke Oscars so much, they can be just like puppies. Have you thought about incresing your filtering rather than getting rid of your pleco?

I am increasing filtering no matter what!

My oscar is only 17 months old and my terror is only 6 months old...so they both have some growing to do yet. :D

The problem is I had a nice sail fin pleco 8". it got so hungry and agressive that I had to feed him separately, because he was sucking the slime coat off my Oscar. and no longer ate algae.

My new one is on his way to doing the same thing it already chases my Green Terror.

So I think I'll leave it up to the pictus cats and a new/used canister to clean my tank. :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks fishdude

My Green Terror has been in with him for 5 months...she was only 1.75 inches when I put her in.

However I was lucky when I did mine, The oscar had just been moved from his smaller tank, so he had no teritory established yet in the 90 gal.

That being said, my Oscar did beat a male Green terror of the same size to death!(he didn't eat him just killed him) :(

But when I added the same size female 2 days later he took right to her, Thats his little chick, and now she's 4" long. When the lay on the bottom at night he'll even let her lay down against his side.

Petland deerfoot has some nice 5-6" males if you are interested, and riverfront has the best looking 6-7" male I've seen in a long time.

I think the male/female thing all depends on what sex your Oscar is!

The other option is : when i added my 2 - 2" pictus cats(who should have been food by now) I added some small fish from my 20gal to distract him. It worked well,it gave them a chance to find cover, he ate the 5 small fish in 20 min, but now leaves the cats alone.......well........as much as an oscar will leave otherfish alone. :smokey:

He chases them but moslty its just to be a jack a$$!

Thanks,

The big baby loves the camera now...any attention is good attention to him! -roll-

I really liked the salvini,but he was a jerk, always attacking my lil terror(i'm a suker for this little fish) so he had to go before he got brave enough to mess with Pepto!

My oscar is only 17 months old and my terror is only 6 months old...so they both have some growing to do yet. :D

No kidding...a good 4"-6" and 6"-8" to go respectively....definitely add a canister and try to keep your water-changes at every 5-7 days at most.

Very nice fish...they show the benefits of a good diet.

No kidding...a good 4"-6" and 6"-8" to go respectively....definitely add a canister and try to keep your water-changes at every 5-7 days at most.

Will do! :thumbs: