RSS feed

All things are possible with enough time and energy. If I can get a good handful of people replying to this thread asking for it, then I can go ahead and look into what needs to happen. I have seen it on a ton of other IPB's, so it can't be too tough... I hope.

You might get a bit more feedback if someone explained, briefly, what an RSS feed is... not all of us are computer geniuses. :)

You might get a bit more feedback if someone explained, briefly, what an RSS feed is... not all of us are computer geniuses. :)

Here is the definition from wiki

RSS (file format), Really Simple Syndication, Rich Site Summary or RDF Site Summary, several similar forms of web syndication used by news websites and weblogs

It is a summary of what is posted on the web site. A real time saver if you have a few web site to follows.

Isn't that what the "View New Posts" link does?

RSS come to you once it is setup on your browser. You don't even have to move a muscle.

I have several RSS news feed (CNN, CBC, etc) setup. I can scan it every now & then and knows what is going on around the world. It is kind of like the 15 minutes Calgary Herald page. 15 minutes a day and you catch all the important news.

The only way to appreciates what it can do for you is to try it. It shouldn't be hard to find a RSS feed that would tickle your fancy.

Does it eliminate site traffice? i.e. do people tend to only view the summary, instead of the whole page, or is everything new posted in the summary so viewing the site isn't totally necessary?