Krib fry!!!!!

BigA

How about that auction?? Anyone else get anything good? I managed to pick up an albino bristlenose pl*c. But to the matter at hand. My kribs had babys!!!!!! As far as I can see there are only three, but I'm still very excited. Does anyone know of a good article or any info on raising krib fry?? Feeding?? When to seperate from the parent fish? Any info at all would be spectacular. Thank you very much.

Aaron

These are Kribs you got at the auction? Congrats! :beer:

I have never bred Kribs before but from what i've heard, they are good parents so you shouldnt' have to do too much besides feeding. Frozen BBS or cyclops should be fine for newly hatched babies. For a bit older, I would just crush up some NLS grow pellets.

Congrats! :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

Yay!!!!!! Fry batch number two has finally come!!!!! as near as I can guestimate, there are 20-25 fry free swimming in the tank right now. Unfortunately this new spawn has come at a cost. The parents harrassed my remaining fish to death, and as of now all I have are the kribs and the fry. Went to big als today to pick up some brine shrimp for the little guys to munch on. Anyway, that's my new adventure. Hopefully I'll have some of this batch survive, as unfortunately none of the last batch did. :thumbs:

I seperated my krib fry when I noticed they were free swimming and moved them to another tank. I had 20 but only 9 survived, That was about 2 weeks ago, fry are doing well and are 3/4" now. Feeding brine shimp, freeze dried and frozen/ tubifex and daphnia (frozen) just thaw and serve.