Aqua Plus dechlorinator

Fish_Frenzy

Not sure where to put this...Does anyone know if Aqua Plus expires? I bought a jug of it and it's a brownish color, is that the normal color? I was using BA brand and it is a clear/light green color. Just curious if Aqua Plus is always dirty looking? Water stays clear when it's added.

Thanks in advance

Tammy

I'm not sure if there's an expiry date - might want to call the manufacturer - but, IME, a lot of aquarium liquids (dechlor, ferts, etc) change color over time, but are still good.

Not sure where to put this...Does anyone know if Aqua Plus expires? I bought a jug of it and it's a brownish color, is that the normal color? I was using BA brand and it is a clear/light green color. Just curious if Aqua Plus is always dirty looking? Water stays clear when it's added.

Thanks in advance

Tammy

The liquid in my jug is tea colored and it is only a couple months old.

Aquaplus will go bad, but it's not normally a colour change that you will notice. Usually, you'll notice the bad smell that results when bacteria begin to consume the thiosulfate ions (the active ingredient in Aquaplus and a lot of other dechlorinators). Sodium thiosulfate solutions are clear, so I believe the colour either comes from dyes, or whatever is in there that's supposed to rejuvenate your fishes' slime coats (I think Hagen calls this their "Pure Herbal Extract" or PHE). Dyes and other additives can vary a lot from brand to brand, so that's probably the reason you noticed a colour difference switching to Aquaplus.