zaire's

tc51

I currently have 6 F1 Kitumbas between 2 1/2 and 3 1/2" for sale. If interested let me know.

I have W/C Kapampas, but have not bred yet and am waiting for 5 more females.

Also have on order a proven breeding group of W/C Mpimbwes from Steve Perryman and am negotiating for a colony of W/C Mobas.

I do have a few F1 Mpimbwes between 3 and 4" I would sell too.

I will have lots of F2 Burundis in a month or so - right now they are just 3 weeks old, so are only 1 to 1/4".

sorry vic but right now i'm looking more at a dec/xmas purchase. but i will definitely check back with you in a few months.

and fairdeal, you've got a good variety of fronts. hope you catch those moba blues.

what sort of m-f ratio will you have when the other female kapampa are added?

with luck they'll breed in the new year so i can bug you too for some lol.

why do i see both kitumba and kapampa referred to as blue zaire online?

When the extra female Kapampas are added I will have 4M/8F. I am attempting to sell 2M to get what I feel is a better ratio, but I can still live with what I end up with. Maybe add a few more females if I have the 4 males in the end.

Depending on your source on the net you will find varying opinions on what Zaire Blues are. Some puritans will maintain that only Kapambas are in this category, but the general concensus amongst breeders and fish collectors is that Kapampas, Kitumbas and Mobas are all Zaires. There may even be more in the future, as the divers seem to come up with new undiscovered varieties ocassionally. Just in the last few years alone there have been at least 3 or 4 new varieties of frontosa that were previously unknown.

i currently have

20 F1 Kitumba (18) are 2 inches and (2) are 3.5 inches (FOR SALE) ZAIRE

15 WC nangu 11 females 4-7 inches and 4 males 7-8 inches (FOR SALE) ZAMBIAN

4 f1 mpimbwe (2) 2 inches (2) 4-5 inches. (FOR SALE) TANZANIAN

2 burundi both 4-5 inches (FOR SALE) BURUNDI

1 12-13 inch male Moba. ZAIRE

im looking at selling my colony of Cape Nangu frontosa all 15 of them and getting some Moba females to add to my 12 inch male.

click my website in my signature for some info and pics.

Edited by piranha_guy_dan

• 2 weeks later...
5 Groups Now!

I have a W/C colony of Zaire Blue ( 2 Males and 8 Females )

These guys are sweet. I will post some pics in a couple weeks after the tank gets set up.. ;)

what species of zaires? the main 3 are moba kitumba and kapampa. my guess would be that you have moba if i had to guess. they seem to be the most common and popular and easy to get your hands on zaire.

They are either Kitumba or Kapampa, definately not Mobas. Mobas are not the most common Zaire. They might be the most common falsely advertised. But a True Moba is still hard to come across.

They are newly imported and are still quite shy and or pissed off about being in the tank. They probably don't care for the lighting in the room either!

As soon as I figure out which ones they are, I'll post it.

Got lucky this time :D just landed 3 Zaire blue kapamba babies yesterday, suppose to be F1. they are only about 1" or so but already got some decent blue on them and fairly sharp strips as well. will try post some pix soon.

Still looking for more kapambas tho. anybody with any clue pls let me know.