CO2 tragedy

lips

Came home last night to find practically all my fish dead....the CO2 was bubbling like mad. For some reason the regulator was pumping out huge amounts of gas into the tank. I quickly turn the damn thing off and did a water change. Only a few fish managed to survive. lost all but one clown loach, three cory cats and a pink and green kisser. :( Hopefully, these guys won't have to go through anything like this ever again.

I've had a similiar tragedy before with a heater and thankfully the (lips) pink kisser and the cats survived...they are really a tough breed!

You guys ever have the regulators go bad on you? Its a fairly new piece of equipment...now i'm dunno if I want to continue using the gas for my plants... Or how can i prevent this from happening again???

Do you leave it running all day?

It is commonly refered as "end-of-tank-dump". If you let the CO2 levels get too low, you'll have to adjust your regulator constantly. It's usually best to just get 'er filled when it's low.

It is commonly refered as "end-of-tank-dump". If you let the CO2 levels get too low, you'll have to adjust your regulator constantly. It's usually best to just get 'er filled when it's low.

That is good to know I never would have thought of that.

Brad