Betta Homes

Fishnut

We had ours in 5 gallon Aquagiant tanks divided in half by opaque plastic I siliconed into place. Little sand substrate and an airstone set to low with a sprig or two of assorted floating plants. Worked like a charm with a 75% wc every couple weeks or so. I am kinda slack on the ol' wc's but with 2 gallons of water in an airated tank... one lil fishy takes a while to dirty it up.

• 2 years later...

I have three,

One is in a 2 gallon tank with Java Fern and an air stone.

Second one is in a 1 gallon (seems like 1.5 if you ask me) corner tank with again Java Fern No air stone though.

Third one is my husbands and its in one of those marina tanks.. its 1/2 gallon.

I do water changes once a week for the 1 gallon and 1/2 gallon. And every two weeks for my 2 gallon, these are all 100% water chages and I rise off the ferns, Gotta love those hardy little devils!

Square jars from superstore, full size are for males and larger females, 1/2 size for smaller females, older males are in community tanks, one per tank, 4 PK females in 10 gallon, 2 spawns growing out and 3 species of wilds kept together. The jars are stacked with the full size on the bottom and half size on top and can be put in the dishwasher. Did I mention I have a betta problem?

Square jars from superstore, full size are for males and larger females, 1/2 size for smaller females, older males are in community tanks, one per tank, 4 PK females in 10 gallon, 2 spawns growing out and 3 species of wilds kept together. The jars are stacked with the full size on the bottom and half size on top and can be put in the dishwasher. Did I mention I have a betta problem?

I don't think it's a problem, just too much of a good thing ;)

My four bettas are in 2 divided 10 gallon tanks, both planted. I found it was better overall than a 5g for each.