tank/fireplace

dunl

Thinking of putting in an electric fireplace like this:

0642162_450_CC_5b5f5.jpg

However, it would look much better having a tank up there. Now the one you see in the picture certainly isn't going to hold a tank, but how difficult do you think it would be to build a stand like this that would hold a tank, and also be able to fit an electric fireplace insert below? Should be the same as modifying to fit a sump below, correct?

Any pros or cons on the idea?

Well.. the kid's fried some fish by putting a small tank on top of an electic fireplace once. So, i'm assuming that you would have similar problems controlling the temperature if it was put that close to a heat source, unless you could find some method to distribute the heat away from the tank.

You could insulate for the heat and the amount of time most people end up using the fireplace I don't think it would be a problem.........you could have the filtration in the back so that would not really be a problem,you would need access somehow to the filters.....I would have tank only though,having two focal points like this would be too much aesthetically...... the tank would end up quite high.

Once the tank was in and looking good I do not think you would miss the fireplace.