Do you think angels will go after large cardinals?

Dave

I have angels in with glowlights, no problem.

So far, they are doing well.

One seems to have a swimbladder issue. He remains towards the bottom, and is laboriously using his pectoral fins. There isn't a whole lot of current in my tank, and the water is ok. I hope it was just some stress from travel and will correct itself by the time I get home this afternoon. The others seem to have coloured up nicely and are doing well.

Thanks for the input. I was going to wait for some more responses, but after seeing these angels down at Riverfront, I figured it was worth the risk :P

Edited by Dave

For what its worth, I've got about 40 large-ish cardinals in a 240 gal planted along with 12, 4-5" Discus, without issue.

I've also kept cardinals with a about 8 breeding-sized angels in a planted 75 without problems.

They make a really nice combination in my opinion.

Update:

I came home early today, as the office was completely dead. Found all 4 angels doing well, sitting happily in the middle of the water column. I tried that NLS, and they weren't too interested, but took flakes readily. I'll try switching them over in the coming weeks.