Battery operated poop sucker?

Stacey

I've only read about these things......... but it seems to me that this could be a helpful tool for someone who's Pleco thinks that his own poo makes a great decorative accessory to be draped around plastic plants like tinsel on a Christmas tree!

So....... does anyone here use one?

Are they for sale in stores, or do you have to shop online? (I've never seen one for sale here in Calgary)

Do they do a good job? as in are they worth what you paid for it?

I currently use a Python to change the water on the pleco's (90 gallon) tank...... I'm not dissatisfied with it, but it takes a weekly water change of about 50% of just to get most of the poo out........ I'm just wondering if these things powerful enough to make my aquarium maintenance quicker and easier, or am I better off just sticking to the Python?

Thanks for any imput,

Stacey

I've used one for about a year now, it's handy esp. if overfeeding happens (like someone is fishsitting, or kids are helping). I do weekly 50-60 % water changes, but use the power sucker to just tidy up between changes. The mesh bag needs to be cleaned often and the two parts tend to come appart with a little preasure, such as trying to get between rocks and plants. Overall....not really needed if you keep up the vacuuming with regular frequant water changes. Sue

In one end out the other. LOL