Fixing Ruined Heater Cord

midgetwaiter

The g/f's rabbit ripped up the cord on one of my "good" heaters and I'm trying to think of a way to fix it.

I'm thinking of liquid electrical tape and wondering if anyone else has tried it. If so how long did it last? Under normal circumstances the repair wouldn't be submerged but can anyone think of a reason the product would cause problems in the water if properly cured first?

I'm thinking of liquid electrical tape

I would suggest if you use this to also put a coat of silicone over the out side of it and partway past it on the cord as well. I would also use a GFI on this heater. From past experience (broken heater) I know it's no fun to stick your hand in an energized tank.

Where is the cord chewed?

My rabbit has chewed through many of my heater cords(and light cords, and filter cords) but its always been on a part that wouldnt' be in the water. I"ve always just fixed it by using electrical tape or by cutting out the chewed bit and putting a new plug(if its close to the plug end)

Shoot the pretty bunny!!! (ENJOY YOUR DINNER)

After a while we ended up getting a second rabbit for him to hang out with as we weren't able to play with him enough. She said I could name it so I chose Hasenfeffer, then her dad told her what that means. I got in trouble.

Edited by midgetwaiter

She said I could name it so I chose Hasenfeffer, then her dad told her what that means. I got in trouble.
-roll- -roll- -roll- -roll-

I would toss the heater lots of possible headaches that will cost you a lot more than a heater.

For the future to save your cords. Get a surge protector you can mount on the wall.This will allow you to keep all the cords up higher. As for the surge protector get some electrical staples or wire clips to hold them firmly against the wall. A little harder and less temping to the bunny.