Need some Help

lorenz0

con someone direct me into the pro's and con's of a 10 gal salt water tank?

i would really like a pair of clowns or something small by my computer. I have read the sticky's and searched on google, but the info i have found is just not useful

thanks you in advance

pro's-

-the stuff you can stuff in there is alot more interesting than a FW setup

-10 gallon is going to be relatively inexpensive compared to larger SW tanks

Cons-

-in a tank that small, your water parameters can hit the crapper really quick turning your tank into an expensive lesson learned

- its not a cheap hobby, tank, equipment and rock will run you more than you think (at least i have found that as a rule of thumb for SW)

just make sure you put suitable fish in there and keep a diligent water change schedual

heres a big Con- its gonna want to make you dump a couple K into a much larger reef tank.

im not to worried about the cost of the tank. i would just like to see what i am getting myself into before i even look at buying anything.

but i am starting to think of keeping my 10 gal as a fresh water and moving the rams and cory's up here and having my 40 gal tall for salt.

now here is a big question. where do salt water fish come from, what i mean is, are they wild caught or captive. this just has to do with moral concerns.

im not to worried about the cost of the tank. i would just like to see what i am getting myself into before i even look at buying anything.

but i am starting to think of keeping my 10 gal as a fresh water and moving the rams and cory's up here and having my 40 gal tall for salt.

now here is a big question. where do salt water fish come from, what i mean is, are they wild caught or captive. this just has to do with moral concerns.

Golds usually has captive bred percula clowns in...a good choice.