New tank

Terrie Lee

I have a 56 Gallon Aquarium, with the dimensions of 36" Long, 20" high, and 18" wide. It has a 36" Black strip light with a working Aqua-Glo bulb, and a Black wrought Iron Stand. It has a sliding glass lid.

It comes with:

-Aquaclear 500 Filter

-Fluval 2Plus Underwater Filter

-Whisper 40 Airpump

-Fish Net

-Gravel Vacuum

Optional (Extra 25 bucks)

-Large Ornament (various to choose from)

-2 Juvenile Parrot Cichlids

-2 Pictus Catfish

-Plastic Plants

Any white marks that you see in the pictures are either:

-flash

-salt deposit (comes right off, I'll wash it before you get here)

-Condensation, as I just drained the tank.

There are no cracks, no scratches. Great condition.

I'm asking $200.00 OBO....$225 with the optional stuff.

Is this too good to be true? The pics posted with it are goregeous.

The person has it posted over on Used Edmonton.

I am a bit nervous about buying secondhand from a total stranger.

(I don't count members in good standing on AA as "total" strangers.)

I am nervous about it due to the woman trying to scam us with getting Aquarium stuff for her "sick kid".

Sorry if I am being silly I've never bought anything that big secondhand.

If this deal is good it will cut down the length of time I have to wait for my 55g from 2 months to 4 days.

:unsure:

Have you priced out what the same tank & stand would cost if you purchased it new?

Used tanks & stands can sometimes come with problems, and your warranty on a used set up will usually expire the moment that you hand over your $$$. Also, depending on what type of fish, plants, etc that you plan on keeping, the filters etc for that set up may prove to be useless. An AC 500 is a rather hefty filter for a tank with that dimensions (I have the same sized tank sitting next to me in my office) and IMO the internal Fluval 2 Plus will look rather unsightly in a tank that size, not to mention the fact that it's only rated for a 24 gallon tank, so as a back up filter it isn't going to carry a whole lot of bio media.

With proper filtration, there's really no need for an airpump, and the other items can be picked up new for very little.

Last but not least, while a 54 gallon (they aren't 56 gallons even when filled to the brim) may offer extra width over a standard 55 gallon tank (36 x 18 vs 48 x 12.5), a 55 gallon does offer an extra foot of length which can prove to be a more suitable tank for many species of fish.

Just a few things to think over ......

Good points RD. One thing I would like to add is that the fish stores in Saskatoon have been selling 55 gal (4 ft) All Glass kits for $200. (if they can be found here (Petland); they can be found there for the same price or cheaper). That is a tank, filter, hood, lights, heater etc. All new with a warranty. Shop around.

Hey Terrie Lee :) Isn't that Devon's tank? I seem to recall her advertising that here on AA :) I'll see if I can find the post...

Ah hah! Here it is :D

http://albertaaquatica.com/index.php?showtopic=11674&hl=

Edited by Guppylove1985