triple 48" rack?

dunl

Give me a few days and I'll have something for you dimensions cut lengths etc. are they standard 75s and what are the dimensions on the 55? I will post as a DIY article.It should measure 24*54 footprint.

Edited by Sam Chicklets

How much height to the ceiling do you have?

93". And I don't mind the bottom tank being right to the floor - no need to be raised, except the concrete floor probably isn't level enough for the tank to sit level on it.

Ok it will be similar to my tank rack in my fishroom

I think I might just go ahead and do a simple 2x4 rack. No need for plywood on it, as it can simply rest on the 2x4's right?

Plus, how much space is realistic above each tank for maintenance?

Well after doing some figuring with the ceiling height there would be a very limited over head clearance. making it difficult to perform maintenance.

triplestand.jpg

Not to scale shelves are 2 by 4 with 3/4 inch ply wood. Sorry about the crude drawing but did not want to spend to much time on something that is not to practical.

Edited by Sam Chicklets

I was at Costco on the weekend, and saw a shelving unit w/ 1500lb per shelf strength for less than $70. I believe they go 4 or 5 shelves high. They were 48"x18"

Edited by jvision

Thanks for all the help guys, especially Nick with the diagram. Like discussed, three 4ft tanks aren't going to fit in that room vertically with a manageable amount of space to work on them.

So, I'll have to decide on something else...maybe one on the bottom, one on the top, and a row of 10g's in between, or some other version of that.