moving betta from cold to warm water

snaggle

How can I move my betta from the current un heated tank to my 15 tropical tank? I want to put him in the larger tank since he looks so sad in the little tank that he is in right now. How well will he do with guppies? will the bright tails make him kill them.

Brad

Raise temp slowly a couple degrees each day. or you can see how tough he really is and put him in a bag with about a litre of water and float it in your tank for 1/2hr or so till the temp comes up.

That would work as well. I also had problems with guppies that had big fancy blue/red and black tails, They now have small fancy blue/red and black tails

LOL

Well, the safer idea is definitely to go with the gradual change in temp, but the bag idea will be no problem. It's the same as if you have a 10 min. drive from the Petstore to your aquarium, put the bag in the tank, wait a half hour, release the fish. Its easier to do, and it wont harm the fish!! :thumbs:

Or you could do what I do and just throw the fish in the tank :wacko:

Hi;

I agree with all of the above, but I am sure the bag routine would work very well. Also your guppies will be at as much risk from the betta as he is from them! They willl probably do fine! Nice that you are so careful!

K@T!

LOL

Well, the safer idea is definitely to go with the gradual change in temp, but the bag idea will be no problem. It's the same as if you have a 10 min. drive from the Petstore to your aquarium, put the bag in the tank, wait a half hour, release the fish. Its easier to do, and it wont harm the fish!! :thumbs:

Or you could do what I do and just throw the fish in the tank :wacko: