Discus

Cap'n

i have purchased online with another lady before all went very well. We got them from the states.

The only trouble was the airport recived them really early and they sat there for a long time.

But they were fine. I would order again online again.

As long as i seen pictures of the fish i was buying. to make sure they are good quality.

My first 6 discus were purchased locally in Calgary and I am pleased with them. However, I have ordered 6 from Wayne Ng's distributor in Ontario. They are not going to be shipped until the first week of April. If you have any interest you may be able to add to my shipment. You can PM if you are interested. Do some research on Wayne Ng's strains - he has won awards all over the world for his discus.

My first 6 discus were purchased locally in Calgary and I am pleased with them. However, I have ordered 6 from Wayne Ng's distributor in Ontario. They are not going to be shipped until the first week of April. If you have any interest you may be able to add to my shipment. You can PM if you are interested. Do some research on Wayne Ng's strains - he has won awards all over the world for his discus.

Thanks for the offer, but I expect that will be over my budget. I figure I can get a decent group from Riverfront on their half-price days for about 120, plus I get to pick the fish. I think that's the way I am going to go.

I noticed the bowfront discus and ram tank in your sig, can you give me some more details? Seems to be the tank I want. As much as I want the large, beautiful, showy fish I still want the little fish I'm used to in my Tanganyikan tanks.

I've gotten two red turqs from Riverfront and two blue turqs from Gold. All seem to be healthy, nice coloration, etc. And both were reasonably priced. I like to support local when I can... I just need two more to round out my 60 showtank... not sure where I'll get em from yet...

But agreed, its nice to be able to pick out your fish, watch em eat, swim, etc and then say "I want THAT one". :thumbs:

Edited by mitsukuni

best in edmonton

loooooooooooooots of discus, even wild caught

http://www.aquagiant.com/

well, nanPOOPsis have you ever been there? I didnt think so

You should check out other places besides walmart for fish........you will be suprised :D

nandopsis, These comments I posted towards you were inappropriate and inmature. I showed no respect and I am sorry ....I appreciate you and all the members that use this site and I am sorry for being disrespectful.

red dragon

Edited by red-dragon

I am sorry NANDOPSIS

my inmature comments have been disrespectful towards you and everyone that uses this forum.

I will be more respectful of others in future posts

I agree. I'm liking some of the equipment that I find at Aquagiant, but except for some saltwater inverts I wouldn't purchase many fish there.

Sorry to hijack this thread but I was enjoying reading about the discus and other members input on the tank that member had... until I ran into the flaming match these two members had.

Might I make a suggestion? Instead of editing back and forth to 'correct' altercations or having moderators seemingly powertrip and openly threaten to ban members until he/she supplicates through edited posts, perhaps just deleting/editing the posts so there is no trace of the problem would be a less disruptive solution? I really can't stand seeing flame threads in forums when I'm just looking to read information or enjoy a discussion.

Yeah...so...

I got two more of those flattened fishies.... :D This time I got two 3" blue diamond discus. Beautiful. Had them a week now and they are very active, not as shy as the turqs, and love their bloodworms. That makes six. That may do it for this tank, though Christian was showing me some lovely plecos today, and I'm pretty sure that one or more are going to end up coming home with me eventually. And I still have an obsession with Tangerine Dreams. Praps I'll just have to set up another tank for discus? :heart:

Be aware that if you want a successful planted tank with adequate light, your discus may be shy for a bit till they get used to the increased light levels in your tank... that's what I've found anyways, though now that I have a half dozen they're not as flighty...

(take anything I say with a tsp of stress coat - I've only been a discus keeper for 2 months... B) )