DIY Tank Lid

Slough Shark

DIY simple to make. I use 2 2" struts sitting on the inside frame lip these have to be cut to precise length. Then I cut a rectangle of glass so that it is 2 " narrower than the distance front to back but length wise only 1/8" shorter than the inside length of the frame. Cut it in half length wisemark the matching edges sand all the cut edgeslay it on a flat surface match your marks so your cut lines upput some silicone on the hinge faces press them down so the hinge is centered over the cut. attach a 4" piece of plastic pipe to the front with silicone let dry for 24 hours and set it in place.

update001.jpg

And it looks like this. Notice the mark on the right of the handle for matching and aligning the cut edges.

Edited by Sam Chicklets

Indeed this is for SW, eventually I will likely need to make one for my 10 Gal FW, but I'll put that off until I actually GET the tank.

This really depends on the light that I decide to get, I don't even know what my options are. I'll likely put some corals in this tank, feeder shrimp for the mantis, and a few fish (2 or 3 tops). Does anyone know what sort of lighting this setup will require?

Sort of the wrong place to post it, but it has to do with a ten gallon lid, not necessarlily SW. The lighting will just more than likely dictate how I make (or buy if I can) the lid!!!

Thanks for replies guys

Taylor

get a 2 by 5 sheet of egg crate from home depot for 7bucks, cut it to any size and you can use it as tank dividers

not nearly as fancy as murminator's but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier

... I have a few plastic canopies for 10 gallons.pm me and I'll hook you up for free