My 40 gallon reef tank....PICS

The pictures attached are of my 40 Gallon Reef aquarium, the only one that made the move to Airdrie with me. I used to keep 4 tanks with Dicus, cichlids, and angels but shut everything down last fall and only kept this tank running. I recently purchased 17 lbs of live rock and misc zoo's and mushrooms from GR8Blade which has allowed the tank to really come into it's own, and allowed me to remove all the Tuffa stone I was using as base rock. Since that change the Algae is not growing anymore and my cleanup crew is making good progress on removal.

Bernie :beer:

Hope you enjoy it I know I certainly do

There is a SCWD ( Switching Current Water Director) attached to a Aquaclear 402 power head hidden behind the rock work which gives the tank a great flow pattern gently rocking the corals back and forth.

post-108-1172766768_thumb.jpg

Full tank Shot You'll may notice the top and bottom of the tank are surrounded by rope. This rope was used by my late father to tie up his boat for a number of years and I thought it would be fitting to include it, plus it helps keep with the nautical theme of the room that this tank is in. Both the tank and stand are custom built by yours truely.

post-108-1172766781_thumb.jpg

post-108-1172766794_thumb.jpg

Unsure what this is I haven't had time to look into ID since I got it from Wendy a couple of weeks ago

post-108-1172766807_thumb.jpg

post-108-1172766833_thumb.jpg

Xenia

post-108-1172766845_thumb.jpg

There is a large clump of Hawaiian Codium edule limu wawae'iole growing in the bottom left/center of this photo. It is a macro Algae that showed up after I put some rocks I gathered on a Maui reef and Smuggled into the country into the tank.

post-108-1172766867_thumb.jpg

BTA

post-108-1172767007_thumb.jpg

Emerald Crab

post-108-1172766819_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cichlid88