Galaxy Rasbora

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a new plan. Instead of moving my 30 galaxy's into the sun room(unheated)I'm thinking of just moving them in to the soon to be vacated Koi trough I have in the basement (much more stable environment) the trough is approx 120 gal 6'x 2' with rounded ends and full about 23'' deep. Since most of my experience is with cichlids I was wondering how to set up the bottom and plants etc. To get a natural and reproductive bio-type?

• 2 months later...

I have actually been lucky enough to get 2 pairs of these a couple months back and have them breeding for me weekly. I have now shifted my methods of raising out the fry and have several in my cory fry grow out tanks. These are very.. very easy to spawn under the right conditions.

• 2 weeks later...

We have a couple breeders here in edmonton too. Michael Pham of ACE is having a lot of success. At the last ACE auction, there were a couple lots of his F1 galaxy's for sale. Went for about $30 per bag if I remember correctly.