Sick Fish need advice!

Dominic

My Peacock has not eaten in 2 days and I worry he might have Malawi Bloat. I did add 1 new fish a couple of weeks ago but he is not picked on by any fish. He is a little more timid than the rest but has kinda always been that way. My Water is good I change 20% twice weekly and always use Marine Salt in my water to stave off some ailments. Water Temp is about 78.8 degrees. Here is a picture, The lower mouth seems to be a little inflamed and bloated as seen in picture, I've watched him for long periods and he doesn't seem to even open his mouth at all even just swimming around which I think is a little abnormal but not conclusive. When the others eat he comes out but seems not interested at all in eating even when pellets float right by his mouth he also doesn't graze the bottom of the tank. I would normally treat this with Metradiazol but can anyone else offer any diagnosis or treatment. I must act quickly. He seems alert his eyes are clear and he does not dart around tank or scratch. Maybe I'm paranoid but better safe than sorry I say.

Please Fish Doctor help me

Edited by Dominic

Well I guess their is a slim chance of that but I don't think so. This tank holds only Male Peacocks. At least that's what I thought, As far as I know this fish is a Maleri Sunshine Peacock. Is their any way to identify this species from the photo, can anyone help in that respect. Also I have kept his fish with only male peacocks for over 4 months now and nothing like this. Would have thought that if the fish is female she would have become pregnant a lot sooner.

In the photo it sure looks like its holding eggs Did you notice if it had any white stringy poop that is usually a sign of bloat also Cichlids with bloat usally feed they just spit it out after a little chewing.I've had a female Flameback change sex to a male even thou it had bred a few times ,after the lone male in the group died perhaps they can change from male to female also

Well the fish never really moves it's mouth at all, especially not to open it. Most of my fish will sometimes do what looks to be a yawn but this one lately nothing. The color on the top fin makes it seem like it's a male but maybe I got a different species than what they told me. Can anyone identify this one for me,I've been looking all over for a picture. Haven't seen it poop yet but I'll try and watch for that tonight.