New Show Tank

Sammy

Morning all,

Just thought Id share my newest addition to the house, The new Show tank.

I have added some pictures of both tanks, however the 65 tall will be heading down to the fish room. I love it!, and its not even Christmas yet ;)

New setup

Newtank.jpg

newtank2.jpg

Original Main tank.

orgtank.jpg

Both together.

both.jpg

I cant wait to finish up work today and get cracking at that Bad boy.

Special thanks to Wayne S for the custom stand he built, and the great deal I got on it. Amazing work! Thanks a bunch Wayne and Family.

Sammy

Edited by Sammy

Thanks for the compliments, I guess thats why we post them pictures;) or to get peoples general feedback.

The "L" shape piece is a matching planter box for flowers or.... if it was up to me (but its not) Id fill it up with some small koi :).

As for the full cabinet on the leftside of the tank, The cabinet was made finished on all sides so you could use it as a room divider.

J-Rock, Im not sure if Wayne is building custom stands by order or not but i will find out for you.

This I believe he built for himself and had running in his home for some time, and the new one he built for himself is for a 150+ gal bowfront. Wow! what a piece of work that one is.

Sammy

Good Evening,

Finally got that system up and running and have a recent picture from 2:00pm this afternoon.

upnrunen.jpg

J-Rock, I paided $300 for the Tank, Cabinet and matching planter box. The cabinet has a built in electrical outlet system with light control for the dual 48" florescent fixture and the Canister filter which he threw in for $75 (Fluval 403) works like a charm ;). The only reason I got the deal of the century was because he was cleaning house and I guess I was in the right place at the right time. I dont think he builds them for people this cheap ;). From what I understand is this was his first attempt at building a complete fish cabinet.

Hope you enjoy.

Sammy

Edited by Sammy

To answer degrassi's Q, the cabinet on the side of the aquarium has been popular in Germany (Dupla) where generally it's a glass door to display control monitors for pH, ORP, temp, etc and to hide the plumbing if the aquarium is drilled on the side. Usually it's an open top concept w/pendant lighting but the canopy would be of a "Dutch aquarium" influence.

Beautiful set-up sammy :)!!!

Wilson

Smokey, I believe his Wife is still running the Angel Breeding room. Funny you should ask, She asked me if I was intrested in taken it over or new of anyone else you maybe intrested. Not sure Im ready for that yet ;). Im having to much fun with Malawi cichlids right now.

Sammy.