Tangled up in cichlids

rudy

I have been trying for years to get a group order big enough to make the cost worth while. Would anybody from Alberta be interested?

I have talked to Jeff Rapps a couple times about doing it. He can pretty easily he just doesn't have any Canadian affiliates to go through.

Let me know.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Three people? that is kinda sad. I think though I could attribute to a large portion of this amount anyways just in Geophags. Do you guys want to figure out your parts of the order and see what we could have combined anyways? If he has the Gymno Australlis I would be in for a good $200.00 atleast and i thin minimum fish order is $250.00 then splitting the $100.00 transfer fee wouldn't be too bad three ways. Guaranteed I wouldn't be giving fry away after spending that amount though. I inquired at Dad's fishroom about getting them in and it would cost me $35.00 per fish, 3 fish per bag max and $125.00 per bag shipping. That is $210.00 for 6 fish + $250.00 for shipping and $460.00 in total. for 2.5" what if one gets all males or all females? Getting them bigger and atleast 10 fish would solve my dilemma and I have to have this fish. Tangledupincichlids had them at about the same price when converted to USD but 3" fish and 1/4 the shipping price how can I go wrong? Sad to think this fish was once bred until boredom and then disappeared from an overwhelming occurence in this country.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Rudy. I'am realy low on funds, but i can get $50 for some of those (juvi) Nandosis Haitiensis.

How much are they CAD? I think they were $5.50 U.S - (1.5")

Would we be going through "Fishopolis" in Ontario or directly through Jeff?

My Managuense. :)

My "Black Nasty" (Not yet aquired.) :(

Would we be going through "Fishopolis" in Ontario or directly through Jeff?

Fishopolis forgive me for saying is useless...to us anyway. They do not ship and as far as I know do not import for Jeff anymore.

As for the haitiesis. I would love some....Canucklehead and I have been looking for a long time now. When we find them I will get you some.

Fishopolis forgive me for saying is useless...to us anyway. They do not ship and as far as I know do not import for Jeff anymore.

As for the haitiesis. I would love some....Canucklehead and I have been looking for a long time now. When we find them I will get you some.

Sweeeeet. :) But doesn't Jeff have Haitiensis? Is all his stock sold out or something?

Ya but I only have $5 and I want one of everything. J/K

We have a min order, plus a $250 min order of fish and a $100 shipping clearance plus shipping. Canucklehead is filthy rich though so he could spring for the rest.

In all honesty if everyone is ready to go then lets do it. I am having lucnh with Canucklehead tommorow so I will talk to him and rbring the list. I will also email Jeff. Lets get the list together

Just a personal note:

I have personally imported disucs from Melborne, Aust. and Detroit, MIch. Never any problems.

The cost's are minimual - compared to the quailty of fish I was looking for.

Shipping and receiveing is easy and straight forward.

One thing: fixed cost's such as shipping, fees, etc. become less expensive when spread over more fish.

this sounds like a very exciting offer to get high quality fish. open up your wallets, do not worry about justification ... just do it!!!!!!! :P :P

MPO.

Let me know if Jeff still has the Haitiensis. About how many will i get for $50? (6 to 7)What?

Thanks again Tim. You have had some good ideas, But this one is by far the best.

I can't wait, getting some fish from Rapps is like a dream come true. Even if they are captive raised (which they probably are) they will still be the Crown of my aquariums.