7g Minibow

BlkWolfe

Mike, the little tanks have their own appeal eh

Ty...

Tank - Free (Used my bigals points ive accumulated over the last 4 years, they're 100 bucks here, but J&L and mailorders have them for 60+shipping)

Sugar Sized Aragonite - approx $5 worth

Rock - $60 (approx 12lbs)

100w Won Bro's Heater - $13

AC500 - Im guessing about $50, cant remember where i got this one

anywhere between 200-250 bucks as it sits depending where you get your tank/rock from.

70w HQI halide retro is looking something like $150, plus a couple fans to keep it cool. Trying to grab a used custom hood from the states thatll fit the 70w and a couple fans, thats going to be around $80 delivered.

by the time its done im sure ill be sitting around $500

the clowns are only temporary until the 150 settles down then they get their new home. Those two are my first marine fish i got about 3 years ago. Could never part with them

If you look at the right side of the tank theres a piece of 45' pvc going into some rock work. under that rock is a space about 4"x6"x3" lined with rubble and shells, topped and covered with LR, and filled in with sand, built for the intended occupant of the tank, a yellowheaded jawfish.

He can have all the fun he wants digging that out and building himself a cave with the handfuls of shells and rubble under there.

Edited by BlkWolfe

Just what muck said :)

I may be making another vancouver run in march/april. Last time we brought back 650lbs of live rock and about 1300lbs of salt. When the time gets closer ill get something going here too if there are any reefers in waiting...

Harley, its a hang on back refugium. Most have a layer of aragonite on the bottom, some live rock for pods and critters, and a light on top for any macroalgeas to grow outside the main tank. Most people baffle theirs so the majority of the flow goes across the top and straight out to limit the water going through the rocked area. I did mine to add a little water volume to the system, hide the heater, and a few more lbs of rock and have a grow area for the macro. I didnt baffle it so the flow will just go up through the basket and through the rock instead of a sponge.

Edited by BlkWolfe

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry been recovering from the holidays

Harley, theres no aragonite in my setup just rock on top of the sponge cage. You can throw in a home made baffle in place of the cage to direct the flow up and over the "fuge" area. limits flow through the rock/sand and keeps everything in place.

most nanoreef sites have lists of ac500 mods

Edited by BlkWolfe