Need a Peacock id

FishManTy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine has no silver on the top fin. Yours does M-L

Who ever said Red shoulder, I think you are getting close there. It does look like it tried to develop a bit of redshoulder. I think personally against Rubiscens, because I have a group of them here, and they don't look a bit a like to me.

Arg. I saw a picture of mine somewhere too, and I didn't bookmark! How stupid could I be!!!!!!!!!

Sammy - chances are that if it came from Laif DeMason, it's indeed a WC fish. (and a nice looking one at that)

My understanding is that there are no fish raised along side Lake Malawi, and most definitely not at Stuart Grants (where Laif gets most of his fish from) It's just not economical to do so. Different story on Lake Tanganyika.

Excuse me if I come off as the anal skeptic, but I still don't think it's what you'd call a pure red shoulder. I've seen both WC red shoulders and good captive lines and they all had different color distributions from the pictured fish. I guess the first spot I notice is the dorsal fin. Red shoulder peacocks should have a BLUE dorsal fin, not a rusty red one. I'm not going to attribute that to immature color developement, a blue fin in this species starts blue, not red.

Just my $0.02.