Need a Peacock id

FishManTy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even with a crappy camera you should be able to get a fairly decent pic. To get it brighter, make the room as dark as possible(turn off room lights and do it at night if possible) and put as much light on top of the tank as you can. I prefer not to use flash as i can't seem to get nice pics when i use it but it might be something for you to try. Also using a tripod or soemthign to steady the camera helps a lot when trying to get a clear pic.

What kind of camera do you have?

FujiFilm 2.1 Mpixel. Its about 4yrs old now I think. maybe a bit older

Whenever I take a picture with no flash the tank goes strange colors (when lights off). I'll try again however, maybe I just had some bad luck or too much vibration. I've been looking at getting an A95 Canon, but gonna haveta order it after x-mas as its getting tooo close.

What kind of distance should the lense be from the tank? I tend to get the best pictures when I place the lense right up to the glass...

Hmmm

Well i have a canon A70. When i take pics i turn off all room lights and put as much lights as i can on the tank(usually have 4x48",plus 2x36" bulbs on there). I dont' use a flash a i find it shows the colors more naturally. My camera also has a macro function that i sometimes use, other then that i just use Auto mode. Since i dont' use a flash i dont' have to worry about how far the camera is from the glass. I usually set up my tripod and have it a couple(around 8" maybe) from the glass. I depends as i move it around a lot.

When you take the pics what kind of a setup do yo uuse? flash, no flash? room lights? tank lights?

I've tried a variation of everything. Maybe I'll just repost this in 3 weeks when I get my camera (Getting a package with extra memory, batteries and a tripod), so that should work well.

On my 150gallon, I only have 2 24" bulbs. (thats where that peacock is)

I have a 36" on there but its not plugged in because Im zapping to much power on the double breaker (52" tv, surround sound, bar, freezer, 150gallon, 3 10gallons and 75gallon are all running off I THINK 3 breakers right now... so Im a little cautious putting more on there. Maybe I'll just get the Halogen spot light and place it above the tank. That'd blind the fish!! hehe

Ty

I have a 36" on there but its not plugged in because Im zapping to much power on the double breaker (52" tv, surround sound, bar, freezer, 150gallon, 3 10gallons and 75gallon are all running off I THINK 3 breakers right now... so Im a little cautious putting more on there. Maybe I'll just get the Halogen spot light and place it above the tank. That'd blind the fish!! hehe

I used to have this problem too. While you are taking the pics unplug something and plug in your light.That shouldnt' blow the breaker. Before i got more breakers added i use to have to unplug the TV and turn off all my other tanks when i moved more light onto the tank i'm taking pics of. But adding a spotlight would help too.