FX5 PUMP

rudy

I forgot to mention that I had a FX5 that I started up without opening the suction valve so it blew the water out. Ran like this for 4 days as I was away and when I came home it was still going hot as hell but still working. There was a bit of water stuck in there however for the most part remained dry.

It has been close to 1 month and still going. I just thought I would mention this as not many filters would last through this.

I just picked 1 up for 250 on Sat. I think Dennis flips a coin on his pricing lol

..and then some, but I do not expect it to last.

The fx5 is incredible. In my 90 with 2 biiig fish I used to have 2 x fluval 304's and an aquaclear 250 that I had to clean all three once a month. With this fx5 it keeps my water crystal clear and when I clean it every three months I think I could have waited another 3 months. Mind you I paid 399 and over 70 for the media.. Still it has been worth it. I wouldn't trade it for 2 eheims or 3 xp3's.

Kevin

I'm thinking of getting one for my 240 Gal 'cause I just can't seem to keep the CO2 level up: I figure that all the water movement from the travel down the overflows, pipes and into the sump is the culprit. My 5lb CO2 canister just can't keep up. (I'm going to cut some glass bits and silicone those overflows shut!!!)

Geez, on my 75 with a 2L DIY yeast CO2 maker and a Fluval canister, I had to trim the plants every week or I coudln't see the fish!!!

So has anyone shopped the best Fluval FX5 prices for Calgary recently?