Fishytimes 68g reef. Pics

Hi everyone want to start off by thanking "Karen" for turning me onto this site. :thumbs: Great site. I'm on lots of other forum sites and its cool to find one thats more locally orriented. Just wanted to share a few pics, details of my setup, and fish around for some sugestions, comments or critiques. My setup is a standard 20g, 4x 24w T5 HO lighting,AquaC Remora skimmer, AC70 filter (soon to be fuge), AC50 AC20 and AC10 powerheads, Jager 100w heater 24ish lbs mixed fiji, mayaki, and tonga LR, and 10lbs aragonite sand. Livestock is: 1 ocellaris clown,1 six line wrasse , 8 zebra hermits, 4 astrea snails, 2 trochus snails, 2 bumblebee snails, 1 cleaner shrimp,and an emerald crab. Corals are: red and yellow zoas, orange and orange zoas, green and red zoas,green and green zoas, brown and pink palys, brown and green palys,red palys,green/pink zoas, green/gray/pink zoas, yellow polyps, blue xenia, green mush, green fuzzy mush, purple mush,purple striped mush,red hairy mush, "super mario" mush(red with blue dots), green ricordia, GSP, frogspawn, orange digitata, green digitata, birdsnest, and hydnophora rigata.

IMGP0480.jpg

IMGP0484.jpg

IMGP0500.jpg

IMGP0486.jpg

IMGP0479.jpg

IMGP0467.jpg

Edited by fishytime

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice start you got there just need a nice little Bi-color blenny to help control the algae a bit

oh and :welcome:

Thanks guys. Murm I started the tank with tap water and boom....algae. Since then I switched to RO and I've pretty much got a handle on the bad algaes. Was thinkin bout some kind of blenny or goby...but really like the royal grammas. Dont know if I should push 4 fish in a 20g. I dont know we'll see....no hurry.

Edited by fishytime

Welcome, fishytime. Glad to see you found your way to this site. I knew you would love it! I really like what you have done with your 20 gallon. Now you just need to wait for stuff to grow in.

That is kind of the state of our 28 gallon. Lots of frags and waiting for growth!

Welcome, fishytime. Glad to see you found your way to this site. I knew you would love it! I really like what you have done with your 20 gallon. Now you just need to wait for stuff to grow in.

That is kind of the state of our 28 gallon. Lots of frags and waiting for growth!

Tanks gals( Karen and Wendy). Got any pics of you alls tanks. Love oggeling girls....um....equipment. :smokey: Here is some updated pics from today.

IMGP0502.jpg

IMGP0501.jpg

IMGP0507.jpg

IMGP0509.jpg

IMGP0514.jpg

Nice start you got there just need a nice little Bi-color blenny to help control the algae a bit

oh and :welcome:

Thanks guys. Murm I started the tank with tap water and boom....algae. Since then I switched to RO and I've pretty much got a handle on the bad algaes. Was thinkin bout some kind of blenny or goby...but really like the royal grammas. Dont know if I should push 4 fish in a 20g. I dont know we'll see....no hurry.

4 small fish will be ok with regular water changes if you are going to do a royal gramma make sure it goes in last they can get a git grouchy and will take it out on the firefish. bicolors and yellow watchman gobies have awesome personality and will follow you back and forth all happilly even with the grouchy face B)

Hey, fishytime, I got some of that birdsnest coral from the same guy and ours is starting to branch out like that, too. It started about three days after we put it in the tank. I bet those babies do not take very long to become colonies! Love your tank. Lots of action.

Hey, fishytime, I got some of that birdsnest coral from the same guy and ours is starting to branch out like that, too. It started about three days after we put it in the tank. I bet those babies do not take very long to become colonies! Love your tank. Lots of action.

What did you think of Gregs tank Karen? Wow eh? Got another couple growth pics(Birdsnest and GSP), and a couple more update pics.

IMGP0538.jpg

IMGP0537.jpg

Red palys from "cag"

IMGP0533.jpg

Green and 1 lonley orange zoas from "cag"

IMGP0532.jpg

Red mush(is more red in person)

IMGP0531-1.jpg

I have to say that Greg's tank is STUPENDOUS! His refugium is nicer than my entire saltwater aquarium.

Looking good on the pictures there, fishytime. Another six months and you will not recognize that tank. That is what I keep telling myself so that I avoid buying anymore critters. I am used to stocking a 150 gallon freshwater setup - the 28 gallons worth of salt is just so small in comparison. Plus you can get so many more different saltwater critters.

I have to say that Greg's tank is STUPENDOUS! His refugium is nicer than my entire saltwater aquarium.

Looking good on the pictures there, fishytime. Another six months and you will not recognize that tank. That is what I keep telling myself so that I avoid buying anymore critters. I am used to stocking a 150 gallon freshwater setup - the 28 gallons worth of salt is just so small in comparison. Plus you can get so many more different saltwater critters.

I must say that if anyone is looking for a great deal on some sps frags give snappy a pm.Hes the man.

Thanks Karen .....I have 1 or 3 must have corals that I want to add( ricordia, favia, and some kind of killer zoas like blues, ppe or armor of god.) then I will let things grow in.