I need help!!!!

turtlechick

I spent all afternoon with my 404 yesturday. Repeatedly took it apart and put it back together. I flushed the hoses ect. I took apart the impeller, cleaned it and the housing (again), dried both and then added white lubricant (aquarium product) to the impeller shaft( I don't even know if that's what it's for lmao). I put it back together making sure the motor (top part of filter) was completely seated down onto the canister, even just the tiniest spacing and it wont work. I filled it through the holes where the hoses will be seated then put the hoses(aquastop) on. I made sure these were completely seated too and fully "open". This was in the bath tub. I placed a 5 gallon buck face down and another on top of it so the filled buck was above the level on the filter. Put the hoses in and plugged it in. LOW AND BEHOLD < THIS TIME IT WORKED!!!! This was the 5th time I mucked arround with it. Hope you get yours going. Sue