I have been cursed....

TheGr8Blade

I don't know if anyone else is having any problems lately but I sure have.

Lost an angel and 2 Laetacara Dorsiger today alone. Last week a peacock gudgeon, apistos (3) and a gold ram. Occelatus and a j.regani the week before that. All different tanks, different days.

I feel like I am running a fish morgue. I am very sad indeed.

It sucks :(

Sorry to hear that. Anything visual? Did you change your routine at all?

Visual, only the angel seemed a "little" bloated. But the other fish nada. The fish weren't even chewed on or anything.

No changes to routine (water changes every Saturday morning).

Have you changed anything in your routine lately?

No changes, I am a creature of habit. Lights on and off pretty well the same time everyday. Haven't introduced new foods. Water changes on Saturday mornings. Haven't added any new fish to any of the "dead' fish tanks in a while. They weren't new fish. I just don't know... :shock: I wish I did.

I hope it ends today, can't take much more. The funeral for the angel went well, wrapped her/him in a J-Cloth so it wouldn't catch a chill. Went to Riverfront today and couldn't even bring myself to buy anything, hardly looked at the fish. Very sad I am. Someone has put an "Evil Eye" on me and my fish :boxer: (LOL)

Edited by TheGr8Blade

Sorry buddy... :unsure: You are not the only one - I had to euthanize my largest emperor last night - he'd been hanging at the surface for five days, not eating, and slowly bloating... last night he looked so miserable that I netted him (he didn't even try to get away) and lowered him into an inch of icy water and ice cubes, where he quickly went to sleep. :(

At least I know he'll meet up with some other newcomers in fishy heaven...

Here's to hoping for new babies all over to take their place! :beer:

Sorry to hear that, Wendy. I've gone through a pile of losses too. Some not too surprising, others were, all were frustrating. Things seem to have stablized here... hopefully they will for you too.