Discus

humpty

wow that would save me quite a bit of money. Too bad i have to pour a driveway on that saturday tho

How old is your tank, It might be woth while to wait till the next 2 for 1 week end. Discus tanks take a long time to mature so you could add your other fish first then get you discus on the next 2 for 1 weekend.

Brad

well i've had my tank since about october. Up until a couple weeks ago i keep some oscars in there. It has a few live plants and a few fake ones, driftwood and, lava rock and slate. Currently I have 3 upside down catfish, a BGK,about 10 tetras, a dwarf gourami, a clown pleco and a common pleco ( tryin to get rid of him).

I want to add about 4 discus, probably 2 red turqouise and 2 blue turqouise

Ya i just wanted to say thanx for finding that coupon. I went down there last night and bought 2 Red Tiger Discus. The coupon saved me $70. So thank you finaddict

I have an 80g currently stocked with

1 Black Ghost Kinfe fish 6"

3 upside down catfish

1 dwarf gourami

1 common pleco 8"

1 clown pleco 3"

7 black neon tetra

3 cherry barbs

2 red tiger discus, 1 is 2" the other 3"

Now how many more discus would i be able to fit in this tank?

Edited by humpty

Ya i just wanted to say thanx for finding that coupon. I went down there last night and bought 2 Red Tiger Discus. The coupon saved me $70. So thank you finaddict

3 upside down catfish

1 dwarf gourami

1 common pleco 8"

1 clown pleco 3"

7 black neon tetra

3 cherry barbs

What is the footprint of the tank? Is it a 4' by 18" wide? I guess it really depends on how much maintenance you wanna do... the higher the bioload, the more filtration and water changes you should do, if you want to keep the discus healthy. Sounds like you have a pretty light load so far... I guess the other big q is whether you want max growth in min time, or if this is just a display tank that you want to enjoy watching?

I have a 60g high, and I've decided that with good maintenance, 6 is my limit. This after posting a similar post to yours. I've only been keeping them since February, so I am not the voice of experience (nor reason, some might argue :hey:

).

You'll hear different answers on this one for sure but I suggest listening to what others have done with good results, then weigh that against your own maint and filtration, and do what will work for you.

P

3 upside down catfish

1 dwarf gourami

1 common pleco 8"

1 clown pleco 3"

7 black neon tetra

3 cherry barbs

Have you done any research to make certain that all of these fish are compatible with discus. Your water should be at least 84 degrees for the discus. I would watch the plecos and the ghost knife very closely to make sure they do not bother your discus. I would purchase 3 more discus. A group of five will be alot happier than two or three.