So I bought a Python.

Terrie Lee

I can't get the little screen thing off of my tap to be able to screw in the pyhton thingie.

Any ideas?

The screen thingie is called "the faucet's aerator" in the instructions.

Edit:

I will clarify the situation. The aerator spins easily but does not come off. Man, I am not a "handy" kind of person at all.

I also do not own any pliers.

Edited by Terrie Lee

You know what, mine is permanently off nowadays. I've screwed on a brass addapter and screw on my hose when I do water changes. Seeing as wc happen every other day or so , I just found it to be a royal pain to switch back 'n' forth. IMO you don't need the aerator anyway. :D Sue

I just had my hubby remove the areator.......... so I have no useful tips on how to remove yours. :lol: But I do suggest that when you do get it off that you just leave it that way! You get used to the water gushing out real fast from the python adaptor......... good luck anyway!

I used a piece of old siphon hose from an Aquagiant siphon I had kicking around. The "stick it in the tank" end came in two pieces so you could have a long or a shorter siphoner-thinger and the one 'extender' fits over the python's output end REALLY snug, and makes it really quiet. Water just pours into the sink now, instead of that horribly loud rushing sound that makes everyone in the house want to piddle. Look around the house... might be something you can use like that and not even considered it.??

Just a word of obvious caution... do NOT use anything that may come off, and stop up the sink's drain... baaaaad.