L260 QA pleco spawn

dpaul

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Smokey,

Eggs took about 4 days to hatch...they are now a little over 4 days old(the wigglers) and I'm thinking it's be almost a week before they finally absorb their entire yolk sac...here's some new pics from just a moment ago...they've colored up a little more, and grown considerably...David

L260wigglersjan2b.jpg

L260wigglersjan2a.jpg

My adults are about 4 inches, and yes they are the ones with the really fine lines...I won't be selling them for a long time-I want to make sure I get at least five for BAP...and besides, I'm in Winnipeg-long drive for you ;)

David

p.s. nother pic.

L260wigglersjan2all.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yup Queen Arabesque ;) Fry are doing really well-eggsacs are completely absorbed(I didn't lose one fry) and they're eating frozen BBS, sinking carnivore tablets, and algae disks...here's a picture from yesterday:

L260fryjan11.jpg

p.s. the camera is a sony cybershot 3.2 megapixel...above picture isn't great, but i do end up with some pretty good ones-considering the size of the fry!

David

Hey Smokey,

I've been able to count at least 30, which is a pretty large spawn..I've read about spawns as small as 7...I'm going to move them to their own tank fairly soon...I noticed there are two Adults in a cave together again, so I'd like to move the fry and do a couple large water changes to get them spawning..David