Help

finaddict

so i have only had these guy 2days and the large male is fanning 50eggs on a piecce of wood.

yikes what should I do?

they are the only 4fish in a 20g.

remove or leave alone???

help I have never had these guys before...

Morgurnda morgurnda, Purple spotted gudgeons

any suggestions?????

Breeding: Breeding is easy within a species tank. the male will court the female by circling her with his fins spread wide. The eggs are laid on a flat surface and are guarded by the male until they hatch, after hatching the brood care ends and the fry will need to be removed to a seperate tank. Fry are easy to raise on fresh hatched brine shrimp and small live foods but due to canabalism very few make it to adulthood

Found that on the net...

thanks wendy,

more like 100eggs now, I was going to move the adults in to a new eclipse that i just set up and discovered them on the driftwood...

so in a few days I will remove the adults to a 30gallon eclipse tank.

i hope i can raise some.

thanks wendy,

more like 100eggs now, I was going to move the adults in to a new eclipse that i just set up and discovered them on the driftwood...

so in a few days I will remove the adults to a 30gallon eclipse tank.

i hope i can raise some.

The fry easy to raise on bbs. The parents can get very nasty defending their clutch/fry, so I'd remove the other inhabitants. As well, in my experiences breeding this species, the parents can sometimes get nasty with each other, so be aware! Isn't it neat the way the eggs are attached to the surface by the short thread that makes them "blow" in the movement of the water!

• 2 weeks later...

the first batch has hatched and I have been able to count about 15 free swimming ( very very tiny_)

and the same day he was guarding another 60 eggs- now the are very close to hatching as well.

I removed the females.

I feed him shrimp pellets and nls

the fry I am feeding crushed flakes.

but harold is going to get me some food called better that brine powder to try.

the 3 some was in a 20g.

I might move the male in a few days as well and raise up just the fry in the 20g.!!!!

wish me luck I have never raised gobies before!

I used powdered nls for my peacock gudgeon fry...worked really well. however, they were in a non-filtered 2 gallon "tank" and I left for the weekend and all of them died. I think having no food for two days and the fact that the water was not changed killed them. They were getting twice daily change before I left.

Js