Green Terror with a bump

lukep77

Can some one tell me what this guy might be crossed with, he was orignaly bougth as a green terror and I picked up 4 of them and kept the nicest one. Now this bump is rapidly developing on his for head. Its not infected and doesint look like he is sick, it reminds me of a Frontosa.

Heres a pic.

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

Nothing wrong with him. Like Sue said it is a male thing.

I have never seen a green terror with a bump like that. I couldint even find one on the internet. I serched for adult green terrors, and didint come up with any thing

So would he need a lady friend? He is the only green terror in the tank.

Edited by lukep77

It's referred to as a nuchal hump, and is perfectly normal for this species of fish.

If you do a google search for Aequidens rivulatus you'll find a number of pics showing males

that are sporting large humps.

Edited by RD.

I have a breeding pair in with severums,firemouths, synos and pleco. They breed regularly and in my case, only the female chases off others from the emmidiate egg site. My male is very docile. I would also advise caution, but just be prepared to switch things up if trouble occurs.

If you got these juvies from the ACE auction, they originally came from Bailey(sorry if spelling is wrong). Sue

No I originally lost my terror and wanted to get another so I went out to River front and they had a whole whack of little ones, so I bought 4 and I let them grow up, he seemed to develop the fastest and nicest (I don't think that is a word, but he had nice colors) So I kept his and traded the others.

It seemed to work because he is a really nice fish, and if I walk up to the tank he is right there at the glass. Looking at me or out at the living room.