What to do

My wife has been bugging me to start keeping babies and grow them out but doesn't want another tank. So here is my dilemma,

Out of everything I can think of it comes down to selling one tank worth of inhabitants. Choices are F2 Mpimbwe Frontosa's, yoyo loaches, and leleupi's. OR my three Channa Bleheri (rainbow snakeheads)

I love all the fish lots and cannot decide but I think it is in my best interest to TRY and keep the wife happy.

Suggestions PLEASE!!

My wife has been bugging me to start keeping babies and grow them out but doesn't want another tank.

Simple, really.

Stop selling your children to get money to buy more tanks. :smokey:

Edited by dunl

Matt, how many tanks do you currently have all these fish in? One for each species of fish? If so, add the leleupi in with your fronts, and simply add a few rock piles that offer tighter holes & caves that the fronts can't get in to.

Matt, how many tanks do you currently have all these fish in? One for each species of fish? If so, add the leleupi in with your fronts, and simply add a few rock piles that offer tighter holes & caves that the fronts can't get in to.

Actually I have a 72 Bowfront that houses the loaches, fronts, and leleupi. Seems to have been working well over the last year or so. The SH are in a tank of their own. 75G

The fish I am looking at breeding are my F1 Ngara Flametails, Possibly blue Dolphins as well. Both are constantly holding but I have been letting them spit into the main tank.

As of last night my wife is really pushing me to keep the Fronts, and if I do that then I will be selling the SH's, that will free up the 75G for a growout tank.

She couldn't ask me what to sell so I could fit another tank, she simply stated that she really missed having all these babies around. but mentions it al the time.

Dunl: Have you seen my kids? If I sold one of them I would have enough money to build a garage, and the next thing I would hear is why there isn't cars parked in there, but I wouldn't have this dilemma of not enough tanks. ;)

Edited by FishBrain

I think that if you plan on keeping your Mpimbwe long term, you're going to need another (larger) tank no matter what you juggle around for the time being. IMHO even a small breeding group of adults should be housed in a 125 gallon, with a 180 being even more ideal.

I think that if you plan on keeping your Mpimbwe long term, you're going to need another (larger) tank no matter what you juggle around for the time being. IMHO even a small breeding group of adults should be housed in a 125 gallon, with a 180 being even more ideal.

And that is where my dilemma is in full swing. I have a 150 that houses a whack of fish, but the breeders would be coming out to go into the tank that was emptied by the sale of some fish.

After I decide what fish to sell there will be a huge change around in this house and then the breeding will begin