Fahaka Blew up

rudy

I"ve never heard of that either. I've heard they can have problems deflating if they blow up but never that they actually "blow up" :boom:

If he has a open wound i would put him in a Q tank and keep the water very clean and add melafix and pimafix. DOing that help when my red empress females eye was torn open. Try to keep the conditions as perfect as you can and hopefully he will pull through.

Do you have any pics?

So he inflated when you were moving him and he just popped? Thats the wierdest thing i've ever heard. Trying to imagine what it would be like

Blow up a balloon to the size of a football and poke a hole in it. Trust me it wasn't much different.

My wife called me this afternoon and said he was dead. Got home he was lifeless. i have been doing water changes since 3:30pm today and he is now breathing steady. He went from laying on his side with a huge bulge to laying on his belly breathing hard. I will post how it goes.

If he makes it, it will be a miracle. I literally went from no hope to maybe though. Nothing cures fish like a water change.