New Shellie Pics

mitsukuni

Here's a shot of one of my new multi's:

n537117024_208218_9373.jpg\

Already claimed a home!

n537117024_208220_9838.jpg

Here's an Ocellatus, daring someone to come and try and take his favorite shell:

n537117024_208221_67.jpg

Here are the other inhabitants, some white Calvus, and some Juli Transcriptus:

n537117024_208219_9604.jpg

Edited by mitsukuni

Love the pictures of the shellies.

Your julies and multi's don't fight?

Tried it and they were just mean to each other. lol

Looking good, how big of tank is it?

Tank is smallish for what's in there, its a 33g. But I'm planning to set up a bigger tang tank down the road, really like these guys. Not much agression yet. Julis are still pretty small. Calvus are surprisingly easy-going. Most agressive one so far is the brevis...

Are you sure that is a brevis?

Go here and take a look- http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/category.php?cat=14

It looks like a ocellatus of some sort to me at least.

Would you agree its not a brevis?

If it is a ocellatus they are really aggressive and should be watched, might be some trouble

Edited by Shayesmommy

Definitely a L. occelatus

Whoops. :& Tis indeed Ocellatus! I was looking at brevis, which was what I orignally wanted, but saw these guys and liked them too... ended up going with the ocellatus... but apparently no-one told that to my keyboard... heheh...

In any event , the shellies are doing great, they love the frozen mysis, and they've each claimed a shell. But funny, I went down after lights out last nigh, and one of the calvus had also claimed a shell, and was totally inside! :shifty:

I don't know where you guys see this fish being an Ocellatus. I have not owned either species, but have seen numerous photographs and based on that, I would say the fish is a Brevis because of the body shape and it's lack of the "bulging eyes" as I like to describe them, belonging to the occelatus. Look at it's striping on the side, I've never seen any pictures of an Oceelatus with bars like that.

Whatever the fish is, they are beautiful, I especially like the first shot, it's quite good! I can't wait until I get my tangs!

I don't know where you guys see this fish being an Ocellatus. I have not owned either species, but have seen numerous photographs and based on that, I would say the fish is a Brevis because of the body shape and it's lack of the "bulging eyes" as I like to describe them, belonging to the occelatus. Look at it's striping on the side, I've never seen any pictures of an Oceelatus with bars like that.

Whatever the fish is, they are beautiful, I especially like the first shot, it's quite good! I can't wait until I get my tangs!

I believe you are looking at the wrong fish. We are talking about the gold color fish here... The first couple pictures is multi..

But anyway, I kept both brevis and keeping gold ocellatus... Perhaps I can show you the pictures so you can see the differences...

First picture is gold ocellatus

IMG_4250.jpg

Second picture is Brevis - Mlotto

D4May19_04.jpg

Great looking fish