Anableps anableps dying

Vallisneria

I went to check on my Anableps named Uki a second ago and found him swimming around on his side/back. The past few days I noticed he hadn't been eating with the vigor he normally does. Sunday he ate ok, monday I noticed he didn't attack his pellets like he normally does, tuesday he didn't really eat and yesterday he didn't even look interested in the food.

I changed his water yesterday night as I thought that might perk him up but it obviously didn't help. The parameters are temp 78*, ammonia and nitrite 0, nitrate 20ish, Edmonton tap water with marine salt added to 1.006.

His belly area looks sunken in and its probably too late to save him. I'll try another water change. Anyone have any other suggestions?

How long can these guys live? Maybe he is just old?

Well Uki died :cry: Not really sure why though. He stopped eating for a couple days but that shouldnt' have been enough to make his stomach look this sunken in.

Prehaps he was old. I have only had him for about a year but I got him from someone. I'll have to ask her how old he is.

POor little guy. He was so cool!

That sux, Val. :( Sounds like it may have been an internal parasite - I believe most of these guys are wild-caught.

Sorry to hear about your loss Val