Broken Tank what a mess!

Hi everyone, My mom's 5 gallon tank broke tonight at 11pm, what a mess. Stupid broom handle. :boom: My greatest sympathy to those of you who have had tanks break that were bigger then the 5 gallon. The water went all over our kitchen and into the basement, yikes. Lucky for us the floor is just lino. Mopped up quite well. Also lucky is that she only had her two goldfish in that tank. So their home is wrecked and the floor flooded, but I saved the gravel and have covered it. Keep the good bacteria for the new tank. It is too late to go get a 10 gallon tonight as the stores are closed. So tomorrow I will be setting it up. Wish me luck.

How are the goldfish? Sorry about the tank.

I know how she feels i got my first tank it was a 33 gallon with a small chip on the back cornner of the tank. A buddy and i filled it put the rocks in it and added 2 little danios to start it up. I then opened a beer sat back on the couch and watched my tank for a few minutes. About 10 minutes later there was a loud pop and the whole back side of my tank blew off. I guess the chip turned in to a crack and with weight of the water i could hold it so it blew out. That s the day I realized 33 gallons is a lot of water. I still haven't told my wife this storyand i have a 200 gal now.