Tragedy...poor fishies!

fatpuffer

Well, I did a water change...nothing out of the ordinary. 15 min. after...I notices all of my fish are on their sides. I dont know what I did wrong. I did not change a thing. I tried to do more water change and put is some carbon...no help.

My royal gramma, flame angel and fugu are dead. My clownfish are hanging on but does not look like they will make it either. I have been working on the tank for about 3 hours straight now...and for nothing.

I think I am done with saltie for now. DAMN IT! I had most of those fish for a long time.

Jonah

sorry to hear, sounds like shock. Don't give up, unfortunately this way is often the best way for us to learn :( Imagine everything you'll miss out on once you get really good at this. Maybe you're meant to do something spectacular later, maybe save a species.

Oh no, Jonah that is just aweful :o :cry: Was there an ammonia spike maybe? Let me know if there is anything I can do. I can hold some clowns for you if nescessary.

Edited by sharuq1

AFTERMATH:

Well, I have two clownfish left. I am not sure what happened but its over. That was a rough afternoon. I dont think its ammonia...I doubled up the prime and carbon was running. Will never know why but sh*t happens.

Thanks everybody!

Jonah

Just an update. The clownfish are doing amazing. They are more responsive now than they were when the more aggressive fish were in the tank. I am enjoying these two...though I still miss my puffer and pals. I think I will just leave the tank be for now and let them enjoy the tank with one snail.

Just want to thank everybody for all your support.

Jonah

That totally bites. My sympathy. I recently lost five fish and three shrimp in one night (see "Everything died - can't find nemo") for no apparent reason so I know what you are going through. Saltwater is a lot more expensive and there is a lot more that can go wrong. However, I also had a 150 gallon freshwater tank blow out on me in November where we managed to save the fishes. Things can go wrong in all aspects of this hobby, and I just hope you decide not to give it up.

I know exactly how you are feeling. When both experiences happened to me, I wanted to haul all the aquariums out onto the front lawn and give them away to whoever drove by! Luckily the boyfriend is not so emotional so he talked me out of it.

By the way - we never did find nemo. No body and he never did appear alive and kicking like the firefish did. Still have that firefish and will always wonder what the heck happened to Nemo #1.