New 120g heavily planted aquarium

Kwirky

Here's my new freshwater aquarium. It was a 120g reef tank converted to a planted aquarium. It's not heavily stocked in fish yet, because I'm taking it slow. It's 120g, 48x24x24 inches. Pressurized CO2, T5 tek lights, and XP3 filter hard plumbed into the tank. Flourite substrate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q39Y1Z9VscY

tell me what you think :)

Lookin' good. I see lots of pruning in your future :)

yeah lol. luckily I like the "wild" look, so I won't be doing much nit-picky pruning. Just going in with the scissors and chopping away once in a while.

Looks fantastic! What type of other fish are you going to be throwing in there?

dunno. I've been contemplating some catfish, because they'd swim amongst the plants. Anyone know of any shoaling fish that'd go in and out of the plants? the danios stay in the open water.

I've considered cory's.

Cories would do the trick.

neons, cardinal tetras

Excellent idea! I like the thought of a whole bunch of tiny fish in a big tank. My cardinals certainly seem happiest in my planted tank.......which, by the way, looks no where near as good as yours. Nice job!

neons, cardinal tetras

Excellent idea! I like the thought of a whole bunch of tiny fish in a big tank. My cardinals certainly seem happiest in my planted tank.......which, by the way, looks no where near as good as yours. Nice job!

Some think big is better. For fish, I think more is better ;).

I added 8 dwarf ram cichlids. They've hidden themselves quite well amongst the jungle, like I had hoped they would. I'm thinking if they end up breeding, they'd do it in the jungle growth.

Anyone know if SAE's are bad for eating fry or eggs in general?

Edited by Kwirky