Ok, I need last Opinions on my 90gallon

FishManTy

Ok, so after some careful planning and deciding, I think I have narrowed down the fish I want to stock my 90gallon with to this: (Keep in mind that the m/f ratio's are what I hope to get, and may sell a few to get them to better ratio)

Cynotilapia Afra "Minos Reef" 2-3m, 4-6f

Astatotilapia Latifasciata "Zebra Obliquidens" 2m, 4-5f

Pseudotropheus Sp. Acei Either Yellow tail or white tail, haven't decided quite yet. 2m,4f

Placidochromis Sp. "Electra Superior" 2m, 5f

Protomelas Sp. "Seteveni Taiwan" (Taiwan Reef) 2m, 5f

Melanochromis joanjohnsonae 2m, 3-4f

Grand total of about 38 fish at most. Quite alot, but they will all be 1"-2", and as they get bigger they will be paired off, so there will be 1male to 2-3females, and if things look overcrowded, then a whole species will be sold.

What do people think??? Problems? Possible aggression problems?

Help would be great. To my understanding they should do well together, Im just hoping that everyone will agree.

Also, any suggestions on a type of pleco to put in here??

I think you've actually got a pretty good setup going there; nothing too territorial (thought I've never had the zebra obliquidens) besides the afras, which hopefully won't get too large anyways. And I can help you out in while with the Mel. joanjohnsonae if you're willing to wait for F1's B) Looks like a great setup Ty! The only real problem I could see is not enough males. I know a lot people either believe in 1 or three or more males to spread aggression between males a little more evenly.

and as they get bigger they will be paired off, so there will be 1male to 2-3females, and if things look overcrowded, then a whole species will be sold.

Sounds good for a final number to me, the only possible problem I see is having 5 breeding groups of fish of this size range in a 90 gallon. Might work out just fine, but personally I'd nix the Vics, and shoot for 1 m & 4 females of the other 4 species. (for a total of 20 fish) JMO

Looks like a pretty good setup to me. But i tend to agree with neil

Might work out just fine, but personally I'd nix the Vics, and shoot for 1 m & 4 females of the other 4 species. (for a total of 20 fish) JMO

I've never kept Astatotilapia Latifasciata but i have heard of people keeping them with malawi haps and finding them to be fairly aggresive. Doesn't mean all Astatotilapia Latifasciata will be aggressive just something to watch out for.

Good luck, sounds like the great tank

Kyle: I found out about the Joanjohnsonae that you have growing out right now, and thats why I decided to add them. Wanna give me a shout when they are a good selling size??

RD: By Nix the Vics, you mean scrap the Zebra-Obliquidens right? Im going to be ordering more than half of these online, and because of that I won't be able to ask for 1 male, or 2 males, and a certain amount of females. I've asked for the best possible approximation on the male/female ratio, and so thats why Im asking for 2m-4/5f. If I get too many males, then I'll just sell some, but I hopefully still have a decent amount of females left over. 5 breeding groups may be a bit much, eh? Hmm, I'll consider getting rid of the Zebra's, as they are not from Malawi.

Thanks guys