110g tank

Fishy

I recently bought this 110g Hagen tank at a Auction and didn't notice the chip in it on the corner till after I purchased it. I have enclosed a few pics of the chip on the tank, its between 1/16 and 1/8 inch deep at its deepest into the glass which is 1/2 inch thick. Its at the corner left of the front side of the tank. Was wondering if there is anything I can do to it other than replacing the entire front panel. Im going to test fill it slowly in the garage for leaks before its moved into the house and no it won't be sitting on the tires I have a stand for it.......lol

Any ideas?

Allan

Edited by Fishy

I wouldn't worry too much about it... but, that's just me. I've had tanks up to 60 gal w. very similar chips w. no problems at all.

Slap some silicone on it and relax---at worst it will crack further and develope a small leak it will not explode and drench you. I've had much worse and a little silicone always fixed it

Slap some silicone on it and relax---at worst it will crack further and develope a small leak it will not explode and drench you. I've had much worse and a little silicone always fixed it

Thx for your input guys. I wasn't sure about the chip as I have never had any chips like that in any of my tanks. Plan is to paint the side with the chip black and test fill in garage. I have a metal stand for it, but I will probally build a wood stand for it as the metal stand sits a little to low to the ground.

Personally I would go to a glass shop an get the stuff they fix a windshield chip with, you can also buy the do it youself kit at canadian tire, makes it less noticeable

I recently bought this 110g Hagen tank at a Auction and didn't notice the chip in it on the corner till after I purchased it. I have enclosed a few pics of the chip on the tank, its between 1/16 and 1/8 inch deep at its deepest into the glass which is 1/2 inch thick. Its at the corner left of the front side of the tank. Was wondering if there is anything I can do to it other than replacing the entire front panel. Im going to test fill it slowly in the garage for leaks before its moved into the house and no it won't be sitting on the tires I have a stand for it.......lol

Any ideas?

Allan

Well that sounds all good to me but my tank blew out the back like everyone say's can't happen. Good idea with the test fill, I didn't, fish every where. Your tank is a lot thicker than mine was, mine was only a 33 gal.

Edited by CORVETTE