Fish feeders

happeboy

I need to go up to Edmonton over the weekend, and have nobody to feed my fish, so I need to find a good fish feeder that can handle NLS pellets. What would you recommend, and where to get it?

Big Als in Edmonton has a good one for like $45 but I don't remember who its made by (its in a cardboard dispenser thing). I was hoping to find something in that kinda price range.

Or if someone in Calgary could lend me one for the weekend that would be awesome :thumbs: that way I wont run out and buy the first thing I see and get a peace of junk.

thanks

I need to go up to Edmonton over the weekend, and have nobody to feed my fish, so I need to find a good fish feeder that can handle NLS pellets. What would you recommend, and where to get it?

Big Als in Edmonton has a good one for like $45 but I don't remember who its made by (its in a cardboard dispenser thing). I was hoping to find something in that kinda price range.

Or if someone in Calgary could lend me one for the weekend that would be awesome :thumbs: that way I wont run out and buy the first thing I see and get a peace of junk.

thanks

Don't feed them. They'll be OK without being fed for one weekend. It's a safer option than having an automated feeder dump way too much food in your tank.

I agree with the others, a healthy adult fish should be able to go a week or more with no food.

Holding females can survive a 30 day fast, so 2 days should be a cake walk for most fish.

If by chance these are very small fry, toss an NLS wafer or two (depending on the tank size & number of fry) in the tank & that should keep them busy for at least 24 hrs or more.

Edited by RD.

If I'm only gone for a weekend I throw some food in just before I leave (usually a generous amount) and then I feed when I get back. It's worked for me for now. When we go on a longer trip I have a friend come in 2 or 3 times a week and that's when the fish get fed. It's less than they're used to, but again it has never harmed them. I find 2 or 3 times a week feeding much better than using the feeder I have.